Repeat after me: Never EVER will I put my roofing company in this kind of situation ever again.
With this coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, a lot of roofing companies have kind of slowed down a bit because they’re unable to go out and get that face-to-face interaction with homeowners, seeing as most of them are quarantined. They don’t want to have any physical connection with anybody coming door-to-door, and so a lot of them have locked themselves inside, and they’re not taking any more door-knocking.
I’m making this video for those of you who still want to be able to sell the job with roofing contractors. For those of you guys who are already online still generating estimates, then this is particularly for you. This will give you the ability to still sell the job while having that face-to-face interaction, just online. So bear with me, by the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to set up a system to where customers can book a call with you, to be able to sell the job.
My name is Mats Moy. For those of you guys that don’t know me, I put out videos just like this one every single Wednesday, so be sure to hit that notification bell and Subscribe button so that you get notified every single time I release a video just like this one every Wednesday. All that I do is simply help roofing companies, just like you, get online and start generating leads from their online presence.
So later on, I’m actually going to share with you a way that you can get in touch with me so that we can start generating leads for your company online. So stick around to the very end for that.
Sign up for a Calendly account
Calendly is essentially the platform in which customers can now book a free estimate via video conferencing with you. This is the software that we’re gonna be using.
The easiest way for you to sign up is with Google, so make sure you have a Gmail account. If you don’t already have one, you’ll want to go to Gmail.com and create an account. It’ll take you less than five minutes to do and this is what you’ll now be using to schedule those calls with the homeowners.
- Head over to Calendly.com and click the sign up button.
- Click “sign up with Google.”
- Click Allow.
Calendly is 100% free and they have been oh so nice to make integration tools such as GoToMeeting or Zoom, all the way through June, to make sure that you can get through and still get in front of customers to be able to sell your roofs.
Set up your Calendly account
- Create our Calendly URL. This is essentially our main link. This is not gonna be the link that you’re gonna be sending customers to. You can just name it your business name.
- Select your time zone. It’ll automatically detect it, but if for any reason it doesn’t, then go ahead and click that time zone, and make sure that it’s on the right one.
- Confirm your email address. Now this is very important, because you are now gonna have to pay attention to this particular particular Gmail account that you’ve created or that you already have. Click Continue. (Note: Download the Google Calendar app on your phone. That way you get the notifications for when you have something scheduled, and it’s coming up, within the next two hours or so.)
- Choose your available hours. When are you working? When are you available? If it’s only from nine to five, then go ahead and put that in. If you don’t want to take calls at midnight, make sure you block that time out. Click Continue.
- Choose your role at work. You can simply say Sales and Marketing, just for the sake of this. It doesn’t really matter what you put in it, it just makes your experience a little bit different.
Create a Calendly event
- Click + New Event Type.
- Click Create under One-on-One. We’re gonna allow invitees to schedule individual slots with you.
- Add an Event Name. Just say Free Estimate, and then your company name. Make it simple.
- Select Zoom as Location. What you’ll notice it’ll say, “Zoom is not connected. Visit Zoom integration page to connect your account.” We’ll go ahead and do that shortly, but for now we’re gonna fill out the rest of the information.
- In the “Description/Instructions,” write a summary of what it is that the person is going to expect. What should the customer that’s booking this call with you expect? Let them know ahead of time who they can expect to get a phone call from, and then put in your company information, your business name, your address, your website, if you have one, and a phone number.
- Create an Event Link. This is going to be the link that you send customers so that they can now book that call with you. A great place to put it would be on your website or you can simply send them this link, so they can schedule the call with you. Make sure that it’s simple and easy for you to send out to your customers and they’re able to schedule that call with you.
Customize your Calendly event
- Choose your Event Duration. How long do you figure this call is going to take on average? Will it be a 15 minute call, a 30 minute call, a 45 minute call, or a 60 minute call, or custom?
- Select a Date Range. How far out can someone schedule a call with you? Now this is important, because we want to make sure that the people who are scheduling this call with us stay warm. We don’t want to have them book a call today and then for them to speak to us a week later. We want to make sure that it’s somewhat close.
- Select your Event Time Zone. so if you didn’t select the right time zone earlier, here is another place for you to do that, so make sure you’re in the right time zone.
- Confirm your calendar setup under Availability. This is a preview of what your calendar would look like. Click Edit if you wish to make any changes.
- Head over to Events and set the Frequency of Available Time Slots. A setting of 30 minutes simply means that if I take a look at the calendar, you’ll see they’re all in increments of a half hour. Now, however you want to make it happen, however you want it to show up, just go ahead and select whatever is applicable for you.
- Set an Event Max Per Day. How many calls can you realistically take per day? If you set this at 5, all this simply means is whenever five people have booked an estimate via video conferencing with us for a particular date, then it’ll no longer show any more time slots for that day.
- Set a Minimum Scheduling Notice. Let’s say we’re on a roof and somebody happens to book a call with us in the next 10 minutes. Oh crap, I’m not ready for that. So this is what this is here for. We want to set a buffer in between the current time and the time that you’re available to take a call.
- Set an Event Buffer. This will give you some wiggle room. If your event duration is set at 30 minutes and somebody books a call for nine o’clock, then we don’t want anybody else to book a call right there at 9:30 because the nine o’clock could go over a little bit. That’s what this buffer is for.
- Add Invitee Questions by clicking Add New Question. You want to ask as little questions as possible. Make it super easy and simple for customers to schedule an estimate with you. We have their name, we have their email, and you may want to add their phone number or anything else. Make sure you require it if you need it. Hit Apply then click Save.
- Customize your Notifications. If you wish to turn on a specific notification, just hit On and click Personalize to plug in your own message. Here are the types of notifications you can send out:
- Email Reminders. This will be sent to them prior to the call actually happening. We can send it however often we want them to be sent out. Multiple notifications can be sent days, hours, or minutes before when they can expect our call, just so they get that heads up.
- Email Follow-Up. This will be sent to them after the call.
- Text Reminders. Same as Email Reminders, you can personalize the timings as well.
- Customize your Cancellation Policy. You can include or choose not to include Cancel and Reschedule links in the email notification.
- Personalize your Confirmation Page. Whenever they schedule a call with you, it’s gonna display a Calendly confirmation page or you can redirect them to an external site. This would be a good opportunity for them to learn a little bit more about your company, if need be. So you can redirect them to your company by choosing “Redirect to an external site” and inputting your company website URL. Hit Save and Close.
And that’s it, that’s how you go about customizing the back end of this stuff.
Edit your Calendly Account Settings
I want to show you quickly how to display your business details on your event calendar.
- Go to Accounts then click Account Settings.
- Change your Account Name to your business’ name.
- Click Upload Picture then hit Apply. That way, they’ll know exactly who is calling them. You can put in your company logo as well.
- Hit Save Changes.
So now, when you come back to your Event Calendar, we have your face, we have the company name, your event name, other information, and then people can start booking the call right there.
Now, there’s a bunch of stuff that can still be customized even more. However, this is a free account. If you want to get a paid account, let me just quickly run through how much it’ll run you.
Pricing is very inexpensive, eight bucks a month. I think it’s totally worth it, and they’ll give you a little bit more. Especially if you have multiple sales reps that can sell the job, then this’ll go per user per month. So that’s two calendars available for each user. You can go up to six calendars per user. So this all depends on how many users you want to go. This is billed annually. If you want to go monthly, it’s 10 bucks a month.
Set up your Zoom account
So now that we’ve gone ahead and set up Calendly properly, there’s still one more thing that needs to get done. So let’s head on over to Zoom, which is the software platform that you will now be using to start hosting these live video conferences.
Both Calendly and Zoom are 100% free for you to use for the purposes of having a video conference.
- Head over to Zoom.us and click Sign Up.
- Click Sign in with Google and select the same exact Google account that you used to sign up with Calendly.
- Click Create Account.
That’s pretty much it. There’s nothing else that you need to do here. So that’s how you go about setting up Zoom.
Connect your Zoom account to Calendly
- Head back over to Calendly.
- Click “What event is this?” and click “Zoom integration page” to connect your account.
- Click Connect Zoom and sign in.
- Click Pre-approve and then Authorize.
- Go back to Calendly and hit Save and Close.
So there you have it, that is what it is. That is the process to set up video conferencing, to give out those free estimates, and still have that face-to-face interaction.
Send out your calendar
Now, what does the customer do, right? How do we go about sending them this link? What should they do once they get this link? Let me walk you through that process as well.
- On Calendly, just go over to Event Types.
- Click Copy Link on your Free Estimates event. This is the link that you’re gonna want to copy, and whenever you want to send someone to this page so that you can schedule that estimate with you, you’ll just copy this link.
Once they get to this page, they should just select a time and hit Confirm. It’s gonna ask them for some details and once filled out, they should click Schedule the Event. And that’s it.
Once they’ve gone ahead and scheduled that call, they’ll get an email invitation.
Start the call
When the time comes, your client will get notifications. If you set up that personalization, they’ll get the notifications to say, “Hey, you’re gonna get a call from me in one hour,” or 10 minutes, or whatever it is that you set up, and what they’ll need to do is the following:
- Prior to the call, let them know about the calendar invitation in their email account.
- Ask them to download the Zoom app. This goes the same for you.
- Ask them to click the Zoom link. This is the link that they’re gonna have to click on to get connected; same thing for you.
- Click Open Zoom.us.
Now you can start to host that video conferencing.
You’re gonna need a microphone so if you have a headset, great. Otherwise, if your computer has a built-in mic, that’s also awesome. If not, you’re gonna have to purchase one, use the speakers on your computer, or again you can just use regular headsets, and that way you’ll be able to communicate. The same thing goes for the person on the other side.
Maybe that’s something you want to communicate in your personalized options, that they’ll need a microphone and speakers, if they don’t already have one built into the computer that they’re gonna be using.
Alternatively, you can use your cell phone. Download the Zoom app on your smartphone and start utilizing that to be able to have that one-on-one video conference.
It would however be a better idea to have it over computer. It just makes it a bigger screen, they can see you better. You won’t be holding the phone and then shuffling and whatnot. You can have it set up directly, eye-to-eye contact, so you can sell that roof.
One thing you’ll have to note is with a free Zoom account, the longest that you can have these calls for is 40 minutes and then it’ll cut you off. So, if you want to invest around 20 bucks into the upgraded plan where you can have unlimited times as far as how long these conversations can go, then go ahead and upgrade to that. Otherwise, keep in mind when you’re having that convo, that you can only have it up to 40 minutes and then it’ll just cut off. You can then just recall them so that it starts back from scratch.
So there you have it. That is how you go about setting up video conferencing in these tough economic times, times where you cannot have that face-to-face, physical interaction with the customer anymore.
This is a beautiful alternative for you, and as I mentioned earlier, I have a few spots open for that one-on-one call with myself, where we’re gonna speak about your roofing company and how we can start generating leads online. If you are somewhat dissatisfied with the current state of your online advertising, then definitely book that call with me. Let’s get you set up. That way you can start to generate leads for your roofing business online.
Now I would be a liar if I said that the clients that I’m working with haven’t taken a hit, as far as the leads that they’re generating online. However, they are still generating leads. This is a system that’s working for them, and producing leads for them without them having to essentially do anything.
So again, if you want to be one of those customers, then definitely reach out to me, schedule a call. Be sure to fill out the survey application that follows once you book that call, so that I can come up with a game plan for your roofing business and get you results in the shortest amount of time possible.
Also, if you want to join a community of roofers just like yourself who are learning about this forever-changing space, be sure to join my free online Mastermind Facebook group where I share up-to-date information to help you generate more roofing leads online.
Lastly, if you enjoyed my video, please give me a Like. Hit that Thumbs Up button, subscribe to my channel, and hit the notification bell so that you get notified every single time I drop a new video, just like this one, every single Wednesday.
Again, my name is Mats Moy. Thanks for watching and I will see you next week, peace.
Book A Call With Mats:
Be sure to join the secret Online Roofing Leads Mastermind Group here:
TWEET THIS VIDEO: https://ctt.ac/65c7b